Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Trinity Lane: @LillyHiatt1 Sat. 6/16 @Tumbleweed + Fri. 8/3 @ #UptownGrill + Tues. 8/7 @AndersonGardens



Country singer-songwriter Lilly Hiatt will be making a few appeances around the area this summer. The first is on Saturday, June 16th at Tumbleweed Country Music & Camping Festival in La Cygne, Kansas. Visit HERE for the event details on Facebook. The second happens on Friday, August 3rd in Lasalle, Illinois at Uptown Grill’s Playlist Theater from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Visit HERE for the event details on Facebook. The third is on Tuesday, August 7 in Rockford, Illinois from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm in Anderson Japanese Gardens. Visit HERE for the event details on Facebook. Continue on below to visit the artist online and to check out her music. Follow on for the latest on Lilly Hiatt.


- Lilly Hiatt: (Nashville, TN)

Genre: Singer-Songwriter

https://www.lillyhiatt.com

https://www.facebook.com/LillyHiatt



LILLY HIATT NOMINATED FOR “EMERGING ACT OF THE YEAR” FOR THE AMERICANA MUSIC ASSOCIATION’S 17th ANNUAL HONORS & AWARDS

TO MAKE GRAND OLE OPRY DEBUT JUNE 26th, APPEAR AT THE OHANA FESTIVAL, PILGRIMAGE MUSIC FESTIVAL, OTTAWA BLUES FEST, BRISTOL RHYTHM & ROOTS AND MORE.   

ON TOUR WITH JUSTIN TOWNES EARLE WITH ADDITIONAL DATES WITH JOHN PRINE AND AMANDA SHIRES ANNOUNCED


Photo Credit: Alysse Gafkjen

Lilly Hiatt has been nominated for “Emerging Act Of The Year” for the Americana Music Association’s 17th Annual 2018 Honors & Awards taking place September 12th, 2018 at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN.  The nomination follows the release of Hiatt’s Trinity Lane which received widespread critical acclaim and appeared on many 2017 year end lists by NPR Music, Rolling Stone, Paste, and more.  NPR Music called the album “courageous and affecting,” with Rolling Stone Country stating it was, “...the most cohesive and declarative statement of the young songwriter’s career.”  Mother Jones commented, “While the sound of Trinity Lane encompasses everything from brooding garage rockers to jangly country-tinged laments to sentimental ballads, Hiatt’s commanding presence and eloquent songs tie everything together,” while PopMatters raved, "You’d have to be out of your skull not to appreciate her talents.” Rolling Stone Country recently premiered her new video for “Records,” the centerpiece from Trinity Lane.  Her love letter to records, the video was shot while she was on tour supporting the Drive-By Truckers and features Hiatt and her band shopping at Easy Street Records in Seattle, WA as well as Hiatt dancing to her favorite albums at home. Hiatt said to Rolling Stone Country, “We’ve spent the last year on the road, rocking everything from A Tribe Called Quest to The Basement Tapes in the van.  Everyone in my band spent years in our rooms with headphones on, exploring anything we could get our hands on.  Our love of music is what brought us together.  I look at records as dear friends I can count on.”  While speaking to the publication last year, Hiatt said, “Music has saved my soul, and I think it’s saved a lot of people’s souls.  It’s connected me in a deeper way than anything else really can, where it’s like, I can hear a Lightnin’ Hopkins song and relate to it.  I can hear a Liz Phair song and relate to it, and I can hear a Loretta Lynn song and relate to it.  Those are all really different people, but we’ve all felt the same things, and that’s really empowering.  Not to be morose about it, but if it weren’t for that, I don’t think I’d be here.”  

Lilly Hiatt "Records" Video:

Hiatt currently wrapped up her first European headline tour where she received overwhelming critical praise.  She launched a US tour supporting labelmate Justin Townes Earle last night and is also set for her Grand Ole Opry debut in her hometown of Nashville, TN on June 26th.  Hiatt is confirmed to appear at the Ohana Festival on September 29th alongside Eddie Vedder, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Johnny Marr, Liz Phair and more.  She has also been announced to appear at the Pilgrimage Music Festival, Bristol Rhythm & Roots, Hillside Festival, Ottawa Bluesfest, Winnipeg Folk Fest, and more as well as additional support dates with John Prine, and Amanda Shires. Please see all tour dates below. 

Her love of the ‘90s alt-rock she was raised on shines through on Trinity Lane in the distressed guitars and urgent backbeats. She cites the Pixies, Breeders, Dinosaur Jr., and her favorite, Pearl Jam as influences, but there is also something distinctly Americana lurking in the songs. After moving out of an ex’s house, Hiatt settled into a new apartment off of Trinity Lane in her East Nashville neighborhood and went on tour with friend John Moreland to the West Coast and back. The intensely personal, autobiographical album was written largely upon her return, in isolation, facing the issues she escaped while on the road. Hiatt says, "Love will take you to the darkest places but also the most honest places if you let it. Learning how to love myself is something I’ve always been lousy with, and I spent some time on that. I thought about my sobriety, what that means to me, the struggles I’d had throughout the years, since I was a 27-year-old and hung up my toxic drinking habit. I thought about my mother, who took her own life when I was a baby, not far from my age at 30 years old, and I related to her more than ever. As you can see, there was plenty of time spent on my own. I didn’t talk to that many folks, albeit a few close friends, and leaned into my family. I stayed away from men, and danced alone in the evenings, looking out my window observing my humble and lively neighborhood. I found power in being by myself. I found peace in the people I was surrounded with - we didn’t really know one another, but we smiled when passed on the street. One time I almost rear-ended an older woman in her car backing out of my driveway and I said, ‘Oh man, I’m just not used to any cars coming around this bend. She replied, ‘This is our little hideout, baby,’ And it really was." 

No comments:

Post a Comment